The popularity of scooters nowadays has prompted manufacturers to produce scooters that are intended for varying age groups, including kids. With a kid’s scooter, kids can enjoy an active outdoor life without having to worry about their safety. After reading this Micro Maxi Kick Scooter review, you will have a clear about if you want to buy it or not.
However, not all kid’s scooters are built the same. There are some that contain a lot of features but have a very hefty price. Meanwhile, there are some which are available at a very affordable price tag but are devoid of any worthwhile feature. Then there’s the Micro Maxi Kick Scooter, a scooter which, as the name implies, is intended for kids.
Micro Maxi Kick Scooter Review
But what makes it truly stand out? What are its features? Let’s find out
The Micro Maxi Kick scooter is marketed as the highest quality scooter for kids in the market. It’s designed for use by kids between 5 and 12 years old and has a maximum weight capacity of 110 pounds. However, what really made it stand out is its features which are as follows:
One of the defining features of the Micro Maxi scooter is its adjustable handlebar. Specifically, its T-bar features soft and comfortable rubber hand grips as well as rubber ends which add an additional layer of protection to your kid’s hands in the event of falls. Also, unlike most kid scooters, the grips aren’t made of foam which can easily get dirty and deteriorate.
Another amazing thing about the handlebar is that it’s easily adjustable to suit the height of your child, ranging from 24 to 36 inches. Lastly, there’s the added convenience of it being detachable which allows for easier storage.
Large Polyurethane Wheels
The Micro Maxi scooter comes with two large polyurethane wheels on the front (120 mm) as well as a double wheel at the back (80 mm). This three-wheeled design contributes to the scooter’s overall stability and smoothness, allowing your child to enjoy a smooth and enjoyable ride. However, this setup isn’t just all about stability. In fact, it also affects your lean-to-steer experience as you go riding it.
There’s also the fact that the wheels of made of high-quality polyurethane which allows the scooter to take on a variety of surfaces including rough ones. They’re also non-marking, which means that your child can safely cruise around your wooden floors without having to worry about scratches. Lastly, the wheels’ PU material can help absorb shocks brought about by riding on rough terrains.
Due to the back wheel’s double wheel setup, the Micro Maxi scooter’s brake is designed to be a bit beefier compared to that of a traditional scooter. Aside from that, it also has a non-slip silicone cover which will keep your child’s foot in place and allow for easier braking.
Although it’s a fender-type brake which you can normally find in most scooters, it can prove to be quite effective in decelerating the scooter with ease. However, it won’t work effectively if the rear wheels are wet, which is why it’s advised to prohibit your kid from riding on wet surfaces to prevent accidents.
Fun Color Options
The Micro Maxi scooter comes in a variety of funky color options which your children will definitely love. There are 10 different choices, with the silver version more popular with the boys and the purple one with the girls. Needless to say, the product’s color options are intended to be more appealing and fun for kids.
- Its 3-wheel design allows for better stability and a smoother ride. Also, since the wheels are made of high-quality polyurethane, you can expect them to last for a long time. They’re also designed to absorb shock and take on a variety of surfaces.
- Steering is fairly easy even if your kid is a first-timer. He simply has to lean either left or right depending on the direction where he wants to turn. There’s no need to turn the handlebar as you would with most 2-wheel setups.
- All of the scooter’s parts are easily replaceable, allowing you to make repairs and replacements with ease.
- The handlebar is fully adjustable to cater to your child’s height. Also, it can be detached to allow for easier storage.
- There’s a variety of color choices available including aqua, black, blue, green, and more.
- The handlebar has soft rubber hand grips which offer better comfort and improved grip.
- Its foot platform is made of flexible fiberglass which is capable of absorbing shocks and impacts from the ground. Also, it’s designed to be durable and long-lasting.
- It comes with a “learn to steer” mechanism which makes it easier for kids to learn to ride the scooter and even enhance their balance and coordination.
- It’s a bit expensive compared to other brands on the market. Despite that, you can consider it worth your money due to its features and durable construction.
Why We Like It
We truly like the Micro Maxi Kick scooter for a few good reasons. First, it’s designed to help kids learn the basics of scooter riding with its “learn to steer” mechanism. Second, it can be easily stored thanks to its detachable handlebar. Lastly, it’s actually pretty safe for use by kids with its reliable fender brake system and shock-absorbent chassis.
We also love the fun color choices it comes with!
Overall, the Micro Maxi scooter is an excellent product you can give your kid. Although it leans more on the expensive side, the cost can be easily offset with its durable construction which can last for many years. With its quality and features, it’s not surprising why it’s one of the bestsellers in the marketplace.
However, if you think that this one is too big for your little one, then you might want to consider the Micro Mini scooter instead. It’s basically the smaller version of the Maxi which is designed for kids 2 to 5 years old. It has almost the same features except that it’s lighter, comes with lower weight capacity, and is a bit more affordable.